Car launches 2010

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Car launches 2010

Post by TopContender on Fri Jan 29 2010, 23:34

RDD wrote:Ferrari already sound as if they are getting ready with excuses - talking about legality of the diffusers and interpretations by other teams.
McLaren looks a bit radical but let's see how it performs on the track, I am also eager about Newey's latest creation.

If this is true, then it is time to start sacking the big shots.

Ferrari may be working on 'B' spec F10

Ferrari may already be working on a 'B' version of its recently-launched F10 car.

It became the first team to launch its 2010 challenger on Thursday, but there are rumours that the initial performance estimates aren't as high as Ferrari had hoped. The Times said that, despite cutting short development on last year's car to focus on the F10, there is speculation sweeping through the Italian media that a replacement is already on the drawing board.

It is not unusual for teams to immediately work on updates and traditionally all cars receive major tweaks after the first few fly-away races. However, the possibility that the team is already working on a 'B' spec version suggests a more fundamental revision of the design.

Ex-Ferrari driver Gerhard Berger thinks his old team is not as strong as it was during its years of domination in the early 2000s.

"Even with [Fernando] Alonso, Ferrari's overall package is not as strong as it once was with [Michael] Schumacher," he told Switzerland's Blick newspaper. "They are now missing [Jean] Todt, [Ross] Brawn and the often underestimated designer [Rory] Byrne. And without the right people, soon you are lost."
TopContender
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner on Fri Jan 29 2010, 23:48

I know you can not tell just by the looks of things, but unfortunately, the Maclaren looks rather formidable, and the Ferrari looks ho hum.
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Trixie on Sat Jan 30 2010, 00:59

I would think they're all going to need to make changes with the new no-fuel regs. I just can't imagine that they really know the data from how the car will perform during a race with that varying fuel load.

Trixie
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Henrik on Sat Jan 30 2010, 09:54

The McLaren looks like something out of a sci-fi movie in full CGI.

Good motor racing still exists today; it's just not called F1.
Henrik
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva on Sat Jan 30 2010, 15:10

Henrik wrote:The McLaren looks like something out of a sci-fi movie in full CGI.

I agree, my first thought was it looked like a Hotwheels creation, or something RacerX would drive. shamushock
da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by RDD on Sat Jan 30 2010, 15:12

Trixie wrote:I would think they're all going to need to make changes with the new no-fuel regs. I just can't imagine that they really know the data from how the car will perform during a race with that varying fuel load.

McLaren probably has a lead in that since the simulator is supposedly top-notch and as close to the real thing as possible. But they have been known to get it wrong in the past, so we shall see in about 6 weeks.

RDD
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by RacerX on Sat Jan 30 2010, 16:32

Wow, the McL does look pretty awesome...I actually freaking like it. Hope it's not quite as fast as it looks. The Ferrari looks like they got it all wrong (sorry Dani) but hey, what would I know. It looks taller than the previous model, looks like the side pods are wider & higher...it just doesn't make sense to me. Anyways, last years car wasn't all that great, so again...what the heck would I know, and compound that with the fact we're looking at simple pictures.

Well, hope they're ALL "PASSABLE"...lol, that's the most important part, if they can be passed, or not. If they aren't passable, then it'll be another series of parade laps, and me falling a sleep between starts & finishes.

Funny, it's the first time in years, that I'm actually starting to get excited (maybe too strong of a word htere) about the start of the F1 season...hope it lasts!!!

Later,
RacerX
RacerX
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman on Sat Jan 30 2010, 16:46

Looks a bit remiscent of the Williams "walrus nose" of a few years back.

Well, bring it on. But, Racer X, you should prepare to be bored, that way you can be happy about being wrong.

gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Sun Jan 31 2010, 17:30

The Mclaren is awesome, really different looking. I'm so nervous for tomorrow. I don't like that they didn't shake the car down in Maranello though, I'm very big on that! Couldn't they have just gotten him out there for 3 or 4 slow laps? Apparently the track was fine and it was just the run off area that was frozen! Sigh. I don't like all the rumors of B-specs already floating around before the car has even had its first lap! I think we should just wait and see for tomorrow...are they showing it on tv?

On a side note, my little 4 year old brother says that he can't wait to see the cars and that the red ones are his favourite! :-D A tifoso is born!
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Werner on Mon Feb 01 2010, 12:27

Well, the Sauber looks nice. The Mercedes is not very radical and I noticed that the body work ends rather abruptly at the hind end leaving her buttocks virtually exposed compared to the Maclaren and the Sauber who seem to be more modest in design. Embarassed
Werner
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo on Mon Feb 01 2010, 12:57

sauber paint job is terrible. bland, bland, bland. Rolling Eyes

but i love the renault paint scheme, just need's a buzzing hornet on the side of the nose sunny
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Dani on Mon Feb 01 2010, 18:34

Day 1 and we're at the top...not that it means anything...but still, that's sweet.
Dani
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by eso on Tue Feb 02 2010, 05:43

glendo wrote:sauber paint job is terrible. bland, bland, bland. Rolling Eyes

but i love the renault paint scheme, just need's a buzzing hornet on the side of the nose sunny

I miss Jordan in the Paddock. They had their moments.

eso
eso
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

http://www.esodesignstudio.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RacerX on Tue Feb 02 2010, 23:27

I second what eso said...the yellow snakes, the yellow hornet...lol, their livery was almost as colorful as Eddie himself.
RacerX
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo on Thu Feb 04 2010, 09:32

midlands anyone????? total lack of originality
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo on Tue Feb 09 2010, 12:16

glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by gueuzeman on Tue Feb 09 2010, 13:24

Green stripes on the Force India Bridgestones? Something special about that or just another cosmetic detail?

gueuzeman
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by glendo on Wed Feb 10 2010, 11:10

championship contender? with Vettel behind the wheel i think it can be.

thats a very sharp nose. if that thing works, it going to be a year ahead of the other cars, as most of them copied the 09 red bull car!

im the king of car launches this year! afro
glendo
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Srrh on Wed Feb 10 2010, 13:27

Campos F1, staring Bruno senna :

Srrh
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by RDD on Wed Feb 10 2010, 19:21

glendo wrote:

championship contender? with Vettel behind the wheel i think it can be.

thats a very sharp nose. if that thing works, it going to be a year ahead of the other cars, as most of them copied the 09 red bull car!

im the king of car launches this year! afro

Webber produced some solid drives last year too, either one can win it if the car is good. The engine is a concern though, Renault is believed to be down on power however it's fuel economy is probably the best, so it could be a blessing in disguise this year - a few % savings in fuel on a full tank could add to significant weight and probably offset the power deficit.

RDD
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by da silva on Fri Feb 12 2010, 21:33

The Lotus livery looks very nice!

da silva
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Revs on Sat Feb 13 2010, 07:50

da silva wrote:The Lotus livery looks very nice!

very nice Smile

Revs
Killer Whale
Killer Whale

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top